08 August 2017, 11:26
BlackFriday 2017 – growth revenue, conversion, profit
Black Friday isn’t just a date on the calendar, but also a newsworthy event allowing retailers to increase sales with a well-prepared strategy. For publishers, it’s also a great way to increase income.
On a side note, we leave out certain ethical issues with internet stores, which preliminarily overprice their products, and only then make a discount. As E-commerce develops, we hope the number of such negative issues will start trending downwards, or ideally become just a rare exception. A special thanks to those players who put in the effort to prepare for Black Friday and offer real discounts for real products.
On Black Friday, we noted a significant rise in consumer demand, which in turn increased sales and conversions. This a great chance for publishers and advertisers to increase sales, turnover and profit.
Data on impression dynamics from google trends
Interest by region
Daily conversion dynamics for a broader picture on the entire admitad e-commerce market.
Admitad developed a WhitePaper with analytical data from Black Friday 2016. The chart below shows the entire ecommerce segment from Admitad statistics, where huge growth in turnover and an increase of conversions can be seen in November 2016 compared to October and December 2016. AOV is specified in USD at a weighted average exchange rate for the corresponding month, conversion is specified in %, and turnover dynamics is shown in relative units.
AOV dynamics in the form of summarized data are not entirely transparent, and can be different depending on the segment, but still paints a general picture about sales in internet stores.
Recommendations for publishers to increase profits on Black Friday
We recommend publishers to start preparing for Black Friday 2017, which this year is on November 23, as soon as possible.
- Prepare your landings for search traffic in advance.
- Get your audiences ready for a sale, announce information on discounts to be offered on your site.
- In terms of email marketing, prepare email templates for different audience segments.
- DeepLink will help you redirect guests to the sale sections in your stores. The majority of stores have a dedicated section for sales on their site.
- Some advertisers prepare XML-feeds for showcase sites, so upload them to your sites in advance.
- If you work in social media and have a community related to ecommerce, communicate with your audience and get it ready for your sale.
- YouTube is a relatively cheap type of traffic if you start preparing now. YouTube helps gather a target audience for your community, site or subscriber base. Or the day before Black Friday you can launch a video advertisement and redirect guests to internet stores or through your site.
- There are lots of options, but in any event you should start preparing now.
Recommendations for advertisers
We recommend advertisers plan an individual strategy for cooperation with top publishers, and a separate common strategy for all other partners. A personal manager will help you on the details.
Download WhitePaper with detailed information on turnover dynamics for ecommerce segments, AOV and conversion here.