The advantage of fests and marathons.
If you want to successfully develop your business, to get ahead of competitors and boost your sales through the roof, it is crucial to analyze customers` behaviour and to take their shopping habits into account. Due to the season or specific circumstances, you may bump into crazy buyers` involvement or, on the contrary, absolute loss of interest.
Global Affiliate network Admitad analyzes the market trends and regularly organizes various marathons, festivals and special actions for its publishers and advertisers: China Fest, Travel Fest, New Year Promotions and others.
Such promo actions are win-win for the both sides. For advertisers it’s an opportunity to attract new partners (500+ registrations worldwide per day), to get a promo in the catalogue and, eventually, to increase sales.
As for publishers, they raise their income due to higher rates and additional promo codes, while customers get deep discounts and enjoy special landing pages with the most popular goods.
So, one month before New Year Holidays, when everyone is usually busy with the celebration preparation and the so-called conversion from “a visitor to a buyer” hits its maximum, affiliate network Admitad arranged an annual festival New Year Promotions. First weeks of the festival were focused on those users, who were getting ready for the holiday: were ordering presents for their relatives and friends, decorating a Christmas tree or choosing a dress for a corporate party.
The second part of the festival was devoted to those, who are relaxing during New Year holidays: owing to the weekend, people have more free time for surfing various websites.
Admitad compared the sales during the promotion period (10.12-10.01) with the sales of the previous month and summed it up in the graphics below:
- Turnover of advertisers in all categories increased by 36%;
- Almost 250 000 of goods were sold during “New Year Promotions”, which lead to the increase in sales by 26%;
- 3/4 of offers showed positive results, in terms of the turnover and the number of publishers. The most significant growth is observed in large offers because they have more opportunities and greater potential.
- Before New Year holiday the demand for goods is overgrowing anyway, but thanks to New Year Promotions, the sales also increased in “non-New Year” categories.
TOP-3 with the highest turnover growth were:
- Soft and Games (+707%),
- Goods for creativity (+816%)
- Accessories (+153%)
- The total growth in the number of publishers composed only 5% – as the Admitad statistics shows, Festivals and Marathons are more efficient for the increase of the average check and turnover. However, each publisher always finds in the marathon something for himself, based on his own preferences and more suitable terms of cooperation.