Aliexpress Updates: increased rates and zero rewards for non-affiliated products
Starting September 10, new rules of calculating reward rates for orders delivered globally (except for CIS countries) within Aliexpress WW program come into force. These updates are applicable to cash-back and dropshipping services, browser extensions, and subnetworks.
No rewards for selling goods the program does not cover
Publishers working with the above-mentioned traffic sources will no longer be able to earn by promoting the goods not listed in the affiliate program, and these orders will not be displayed in the statistics. Affiliate product placement guidelines have been added to the program information section. More useful tips are to follow soon, so keep track of the program updates.
Use the API and the Link Checker tools to ensure that the product falls under the program’s rules (user instructions can be found in the program description). The “Affiliatibility check” feature will soon be available in the Admitad Pro extension.
Appealing bonus rates
Cash-back services and browser extensions will benefit from increased rates for orders made by new customers in the following categories:
- Interior accessories NEW – 10.30%
- Garden supplies NEW – 10.30%
- Women’s clothing NEW – 10.30%
- Men’s clothing NEW – 10.30%
- Children’s clothing NEW – 10.30%
- Mobile phone accessories NEW – 10.30%
- All other categories NEW – 8.00%
- Mobile phone NEW – 3.40%
- Computer peripherals NEW – 3.40%
- Tablets NEW – 3.40%
- Desktop NEW – 3.40%
- Laptop netbooks NEW – 3.40%
- Home audio & video equipment NEW – 3.40%
- External storage NEW – 3.40%
- Internal storage NEW – 3.40%
NB! The increase for an order made by a new customer cannot be higher than $4 over the reward for a regular customer.
For sellers from this list, the rate in the Aliexpress program will stay at 0,75% regardless of the traffic type.
- For dropshippers, only the goods ordered via affiliate links and goods ordered from the same seller will be tracked from now on. Increased rewards for Hot Products are canceled.
- For subnetworks (a group of publishers working under your account), increased reward rates for Hot Products are canceled as well.
- Priority attribution is introduced for all publishers (except for dropshippers) who promote specific products.
For dropshippers, only purchases made via a link to the product detail page (and/or a link to a different affiliated product in the same store) will be tracked from now on.
The rules of calculating reward rates for all the other types of traffic remain unchanged.
You should note that the traffic type is defined based on what you choose at the registration — what traffic type publisher indicates when applying for a program. The publisher will be checked by the Aliexpress traffic control team within 3-5 days after approval of the application. Increased rates for Hot Products, as well as rewards for non-affiliated products, will not be available to the publisher during this period.
If you want to work with the AliExpress affiliate program using one login for various traffic sources that might include cash-back, dropshipping services, or browser extensions, please contact our support team by creating a ticket, or inform your personal manager.
The number of orders and the earnings of publishers working with AliExpress programs keep growing. Sales slowed down a little early this year due to coronavirus, but now the Chinese marketplace is gaining momentum again. Сompared to the first months of spring, publishers’ income grew 3,4% in May and June, so it is no wonder many experienced publishers prioritize this program.
With these updates, you can start earning even more with the Aliexpress program, provided that you take into account the changes for each traffic type.