Swoon-inducing Valentine’s Day offers!
February 14th is fast approaching and very soon Valentine’s Day will stir the world with love. For common people, Valentine’s Day is a perfect day to express their feelings by presenting flowers, offering gifts and sending romantic cards, called “valentines”. But for affiliates, it’s one of the best times to develop profitable ad campaigns that are focused on romance and friendship. So, it’s time to get your traffic ready for this huge shopping event!
Year after year, retailers hope to increase their sales through different promotional channels and maximize the benefit of this shopping day. And for you, dear Publisher it is a unique opportunity to earn some extra money.
Let the numbers talk
In the UK, on this day people congratulate and give gifts not only to their lovers, but to all those whom they love — parents, relatives and even pets. According to the research, around 91% of UK residents are planning to celebrate Valentine’s Day in 2022 (in comparison to 76% celebrating it in 2021). And that means a whopping £1.37 billion could be spent in the UK on V-Day this year.
On average, Brits are expected to spend around £22 buying gifts for their loved ones. We have analysed the statistics of sales in 2021 to find out what categories gained the highest popularity on Valentine’s Day last year. Take a look at the list below, so that you can choose the right product to promote during this period:
Top-selling product categories on V-day in 2021:
❥ Toys (+252.5%);
❥ Jewellery & Luxury goods (+250.0%);
❥ Adult (+160.0%);
❥ Apparel, footwear & accessories (+72.1%);
❥ Furniture & Homeware (+60.0%);
❥ Food & Beverages (+37.4%);
❥ Gifts & flowers (+20.4%)
What can a Publisher do as we approach February 14?
- Make a “best gift” list – people are looking for gift ideas. What do you think would be a perfect gift for a girlfriend? Do you know what men would like to receive? Gather all your recommendations in a rating – people are always interested in getting inspiration from top lists.
- Make a review of trending items. Clothing and accessories may seem to be a trite gift to someone, but, according to statistics, they are among the most popular products.
- Tell your followers what your parents or grandparents gave each other on this day, and find a “modern version” of that present.
- Make a review of things that make the life of a modern person easier. But not appliances only (like multi-cooker, robot vacuum, steam iron), but also useful things for the household (for example, vacuum bags or fridge organizers).
- Create a short quiz where you can get a gift idea based on your lover’s personality type.
❣ Don’t forget to add affiliate deeplinks to your promo materials and lead users directly to specific product pages.
What affiliate programmes to promote?
If you want to get from this Valentine’s Day not only a romantic atmosphere but also some good income, try to explore special promotions of advertisers in advance. You can easily find Advertisers with special deals in our catalogue of programmes using the category filter “Valentine’s Day” Some of them might create a themed landing page or share an exclusive promo code. Use content provided by advertisers that will encourage your followers to make a purchase.
Here are a few affiliate programmes you shouldn’t miss on this V-Day:
❥ Ever Pretty – 15% Off Orders over £100 with Code LOVE15;
❥ Buyagift – lots of special discounted Valentine’s Day offers;
❥ Watches2U – extra 10% off with the code 10BACK (excluding flash sale items);
❥ I SAW IT FIRST – 50% off Everything with code AFF50;
❥ SIMMI – 20% off Everything including Sale with code CUPID
❥ Sanctuary Spa – 20% off all gift sets.
Find more great deals from our Top Advertisers here!
We truly hope our tips and ideas will help you increase your earnings this Valentine’s Day!