How to monetize on Telegram
As the Telegram founder Pavel Durov said, 25 million users joined Telegram in three days. So, the overall audience is estimated at 500 million active users per month. Telegram anticipates some very ambitious milestones being hit over the next few years.
Many people have a question: is it possible to earn money using Telegram?
Comparing figures over 2019 and 2020 across the Admitad affiliate network, we noticed a positive trend: total sales via Telegram reached over $24.8 million in 2020, which increased more than twice (by 124%) compared to 2019. This is an indicator that the messenger is being used more often as a sales channel.
The most profitable segments are unsurprisingly e-commerce and finance. Among the top-selling product categories are goods from China, digital and household appliances. Consumers are adapting to a new reality and turning to online shopping. Telegram has become one of the other platforms for commerce.
State lockdowns and stay-at-home orders affected consumer demands to buy more digital and household appliances.
Due to disruptive economic consequences of the pandemic, people tend to spend less money than usual on their purchases, with a constant decline in average cart value. This explains why affordable and low-price goods from China have rapidly become popular in consumer spending.
In 2021 Telegram may become especially attractive as an affiliate channel because, driven by privacy concerns, users are looking for encrypted services and switch to Telegram. This organic audience growth gives new opportunities for affiliate marketing.
We provide an unprecedented array of features to make sure that your experience is the best.
To start with, read our step-by-step guide to learn how to set up your own channel.
Need to boost up your earnings using Telegram? Here are few tips to follow:
- Before buying ads in other channels, make yours active by generating content. People are more likely to subscribe if you already have active followers and regularly updated content.
- Investigate your competitors and see their statistics. You can use the free service Tgstat. You can find out how fast the channel grows, where it is promoted, and what its engagement rate is. These data can help you to choose a channel for promotion. Bear in mind that the service shows the statistics of the channels connected to it.
- When you buy an advertisement, consider that the number of views is summed up from the views of all the new posts. If you want to calculate a more accurate number, take a look at the number of people who have seen the last post before a new one appears.
- In your channel pin a post with a navigation plan and a crucial message. This will help new followers not to get lost.
- Use tools to make your work simpler. For example, ControllerBot helps to make a post at a particular time, add photos, reactions, keyboard, and comments. TGStatBot tracks statistics. Admitad Bot generates affiliate links right in the messenger. You can find out more information about it in our article or in our video.
Start monetizing your Telegram channel by joining Admitad as a publisher!